Ms. Libby's Music Class
1, 2 & 3 Jason Ct, Weldon Spring MO
Ms. Libby's Class Calendar
Beginner Orchestra Class
(ages 7 and up)
15 week session
January 18th through April 26th
Wednesdays 5:15 - 6:15pm
Is your child interested in learning the violin, viola, or cello? We're offering an orchestra class just for beginners ages 7 and up!
Click here for more info!
Registration for the winter/spring session is open!☃️
Interested in a gift card?
Digital Gift Cards Here
Winter/Spring Session dates:
January 30th - April 14th
*Free Trial Week is January 23rd - 27th
Click on a page to see specific session dates
Registration is free and applies to both the free trial class and the full session if you decide to join. Payment is not required until after free trial week.
FAQ's about Ms. Libby's Classes
When: Classes and times vary during the 10-week Fall or Winter session, 6-week session in Summer, check current schedule for details
Where: Ms. Libby's Studio: 1, 2 & 3 Jason Court, Weldon Spring MO 63304 (3 units in a connected studio space)
Mommy and Me, Preschool Piano, Kinder Piano, Big Kid Piano, Acting 101 for Kids, Preschool Music Class, Rockin' Rhythms, Ukulele and Voice Classes (All classes are beginner level) and Stay and Play (open play). Private lessons available in piano, voice, ukulele, drums, and guitar.
(*indicates summer only class)
ALL beginners welcome!
Mommy and Me:
*All little ones ages birth - 3 years are welcome at ANY Mommy and Me class. We've just created sub-classes as each age group enjoys music class a little differently!
Q: What is the cost? Can I pay as I go?
A: Stay and Play and Drop-in classes are the only "pay as you go" option. Full session fee due on or before first class (after free trial) for all other classes. Drop in classes, *if open, are announced on Facebook and Instagram at the beginning of the week.
Private lessons are paid for in one-month increments.
Costs: (siblings receive a 20% discount when enrolled in the same class except for Mommy and Me where siblings are free)
Q: What if we'll be on vacation? Are there make-up classes?
A: Due to the low cost of classes and the format of Ms. Libby's classes, there are no make-up classes except if the teacher cancels, then a make-up class will be provided. *Private lessons will provide make-up times.
Incorporating Music Into Early Childhood Development
Fun Facts About Learning Through Music (In addition to being fun!)
According to Bright Horizons Family Solutions:
• Musical experiences in childhood can accelerate brain development
• Learning to play an instrument can boost test scores
• Exposing young children to music helps them learn the sounds and meaning of words
• Dancing to music helps children build motor skills while encouraging self-expression
• Music helps strengthen memory skills
In addition, according to Dosomething.org:
• Children with learning disabilities who tend to lose focus benefit greatly from music lessons
• Young children who take music lessons show different brain development and improved memory over the course of a year
• A Stanford study shows that music engages areas of the brain involved with paying attention